Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A healthy and happy new year to all from all of us here at DWT

>


"Either cheer up or take off the hat."

by Ken

As I hinted in my post earlier today, "Ready for New Year's Eve? We've got the New Yorker cartoon crew to help get you psyched," I squirreled away one more of the New Yorker New Year's cartoons gathered by cartoon editor Bob Mankoff in his blogpost "New Year, Old Laughs" -- the one above -- for later use, and I think you'll agree that it's just dripping with the New Year's Eve spirit.

And in that spirit, let's turn the proceedings over to Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians.




HAPPY NEW YEAR!

#

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Bil said...

I DID notice that cartoon absent.

And Back at you Ken, Howie and Noah.
Best wishes for the New Year.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger KenInNY said...

Thanks from all of us, Bil!

(So you saw that cartoon in its brief first posting, eh? I realized I hadn't yet prepared what was supposed to be the third cartoon for that post, and since I'd promised THREE cartoons from the slide show, I let that one go until I had the replacement ready!)

Cheers,
K

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Bil said...

No, I had seen it on a couple New Yorker posts and assumed you didn't like that one,
But
Then realized that you had SAVED it for a later post as part of the deep thought and planning that obviously goes into DWT over many years and hopefully many more.
Mad crazy props.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger KenInNY said...

Ah, gotcha!

Of course if you didn't know that this cartoon was in Bob M's slide show, you wouldn't have connected this to my saying that I thought all the cartoons included in it are gems!

Cheers,
K

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing information about A healthy and happy new year to all from all of us here at DWT.
free prestashop themes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home